Roots of the 100% Hungarian-owned company date back to the 1930s, when József Gondár, the grandfather of the current owner, worked as a private carrier in Mosonmagyaróvár.
He was also a member of the board of the Association of the Hungarian Carriers (MATEOSZ). The Second World War set a barrier to the development of the company when some of its cars were lost. In 1948, after the nationalization, the business ceased its activity.
In August 1989, József Gondár’s son and grandchild laid down the foundations of a successful enterprise. The company was initially engaged in international transportation, offering its own fleet for Hungarian, German and Austrian customers. This business has been growing steadily ever since.
The company has acquired ISO certification and has undergone serious development through alignment with the automotive industry. Today the truck dispatcher of the company not only organize freight, but also carry out disposition, keeping in touch with the consigner and the consignee. With the growth of the company, the service portfolio has been expanded with freight optimization and warehousing activities.
Since 2007, divisions have been operating as separate companies called Gondár Transport Ltd. and Gondár Logistics Ltd. The company operates in Mosonszolnok, on the western boundary of the country beside the M1 motorway, striving to serve its customers with a distinct customer strategy. As a small service company – where rapid and short decision making is typical – improves its services in symbiosis with its principals. This proactive thinking contributes greatly to the optimization of the processes, which is the basis of a successful cooperation between the principal and the service provider.
We had the opportunity to develop our site with several successful applications. As a result of the continuous improvement, Logistics Ltd. employs 44 persons and the Transport Ltd. employs 40 people.